Bus Driver Transportation 1707
Employment: 10 months/year - benefited - full-time
SALARY: Commensurate with appropriate schedule
- Meets qualifications as set forth by Delaware Code Title 14, Section 7 relative to Delaware School Bus Drivers requirements.
- Cooperative attitude and ability to work well with students, school personnel and co-workers and Management.
- Shall be free from the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Mental demands include the ability to manage multiple priories, to communicate effectively with staff and students, to deal with unexpected stressful situations and to remain calm in emergencies and have good organizational skills.
- Possesses the physical ability to perform above responsibilities
- Willingness to assume additional responsibilities.
- Must report to work on time every work day.
- Must perform all duties as assigned during the scheduled work days
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students.
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per work day.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Qualified applicants must submit an online application. Previous submissions will not automatically flow to this posting. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position.
Apply online: http://www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
- Operate regular established school bus routes to transport pupils to and from school in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Conduct thorough pre-trip and post-trip checks on the vehicle to ensure that the vehicle and safety equipment is operational, that no child is left on board the bus and that the vehicle is clean and secure.
- Complete required training programs satisfactorily.
- May operate school buses on field trips and extracurricular activities.
- Reports any mechanical failure or unusual noises relative to mechanical operations of vehicles to the Chief Mechanic/Dispatcher.
- Reports incidents of misconduct, as required.
- Keeps interior of bus, glass in emergency door, windshield, and mirrors clean.
- Be capable to performing duties with little or no direction.
- Pick up and drop off pupils only at designated stops.
- Report suspected cases of child abuse to the school principal or designated official.
- Displays and enforces approved standard of personal hygiene and grooming, including appearance, cleanliness and appropriate dress code.
- Shall display an attitude of cooperation and accommodation to all co-workers, students, faculty and administration.
- Shall perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as required or assigned by Supervisor.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position
Employment is conditional upon receipt of an acceptable Criminal Background Report, a negative Pre-Employment Drug Screening and a Child Abuse Registry Check showing you are not on the registry at any level
The Christina School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law. Inquiries regarding compliance with the above may be directed to the Title IX/Section 504 Coordinator, Christina School District, 600 North Lombard Street, Wilmington, DE 19801; Telephone: (302) 552-2600.