Job | Posted 3 months ago
- TITLE: Bus Aide
- Appropriate CDL License with BP endorsement..
- Meet current district vehicle insurance qualifications for driving coverage. Current requirement is "less than 3 traffic violations within the last 3 years."
- Attend and successfully complete annual transportation training requirements on Student Discipline, Hazard Communication, and OSHA requirements. Ability to administer standardized and other diagnostic tests.
- Reading ability adequate to follow directions resulting in making effective work decisions.
- Maintains criteria of D.O.T. physical for drivers.
- Ability to work with staff, students, and the public.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
- NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
To represent Jefferson School District Transportation Department in the daily transporting of students to and from school and all related functions. Assures the mission and philosophy of the district and department are supported throughout the position's area of responsibility. Maintains student safety as a primary concern.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports daily the department mission of "Getting students to school ready to learn.
- Works directly with Transportation Clerk for training needs, evacuations, and camera use.
- Works directly with dispatch on any route changes or student questions, reporting all changes in a timely manner.
- Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with students, parents, and all district personnel at all times.
- Maintains student discipline on bus utilizing district student discipline procedures and turning misconduct forms into dispatch.
- Maintains a clean bus and conducts bus checks to ensure no student is left on the bus.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, or parent/guardians in all situations.
- As a safety standard, employee must comply with and pass drug and alcohol testing requirements as required.
- Reports traffic violations as required by the Department of Transportation.
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The exact terms will be determined by the needs of the school and budgetary constraints.
This is an “at will” position in that the employer or employee may terminate employment at any time or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. The “employment at will” policy cannot be changed verbally or in writing, unless the change is specifically authorized in writing and expressly approved by the Board of Trustees of Jefferson School District 251.
Performance of this position will be evaluated by the Director of Transportation in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on the evaluation of classified personnel.
Jefferson County Joint SD 251
201 Idaho Avenue , Rigby, ID 83442
At the following locations
504 North 3500 East , Lewisville, ID 83431
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,469
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.67
% IEP Students
State Average: 10%
State Average: 163