2024-2025 School Psychologist (CC: TBD)
Job | Posted 21 days ago
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Psychology, Education, or School Psychology from an accredited institution.
- Possess a valid school psychologist certificate issued by the Arizona State Board of Education.
- Possess personal traits of character that enable effective communication rapport with pupils, staff, parents and community.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible to Administrator for Special Services.
- Participate as a team member in the areas of screening, evaluating, and diagnosing.
- Participate in parent-staff conferences to interpret findings and recommendations resulting from evaluations.
- Firmly adhere to all federal, state and district rules and regulations regarding timelines.
- Be procedurally available to pupils, parents, staff and faculty personnel for the administration of professional advice and consultation on all matters related to psychological needs and services in the schools.
- Collect, compile, evaluate and provide, as required, data that may become necessary as a matter of information, documentation, reports or administrative planning requirements.
- Implement and maintain the policies, rules and regulations of the Board as directed through its appointed administrators.
- Research and study the field of child growth and development in order to gainfully recognize the academic, social and emotional needs of children.
- Develop an understanding of the local community and its educational needs. Diligently observe and apply the principles and techniques of good school public relations. Assume a leadership role in bringing about a harmony of understanding between the school and the community which it serves.
- Maintain the high standards of performance and ethical characteristics of the School Psychologist.
- Other duties as assigned.