JV Head Coach - Softball
Job | Posted 3 months ago
|Manassas Park City Schools
100 Park Central Plaza, Suite 300
Manassas Park, Virginia 20111
POSITION: JV Head Coach
- Pay: A one-time stipend: $2800.00
- Hours: To be set in conjunction with the Athletic Director
The JV Head Coach:
- Meets the needs and interests of the school community
- Provides effective leadership that will ensure a positive learning environment
- Demonstrate a high degree of ethics, professionalism, human relations, and be a positive role model for all students.
- MPCS staff preferred.
- Knowledge and background in assigned sport.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is desirable.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Acts as a team representative and promotes the sport by communicating with the news media and organizations.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data cards, equipment inventory, and other related records.
- Instructs athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Instructs participants on personal hygiene and safety procedures and in the need to report injuries to the coach and /or trainer immediately.
- Fosters among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, a desire to win, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
- Acts as a positive influence upon the behavior of members of his/her athletic staff and teams.
- To be present and personally direct the team at all JV contests.
- Provides all students involved in the program a safe environment through adequate supervision.
- Compiles and maintains accurate individual and team performance records.
- Issues, collects, inventories, and stores equipment and provides accurate records of equipment
- Conveys the policies of the team, local school and MPCS (e.g. regulation on Student Responsibilities and Rights and Extra Curricular Activities) to all participants.
- Ensures compliance with rules, polices and regulations of the Virginia High School League, regional and district councils, and MPCS.
- Submits forms to the Director of Athletic/Director of Student Activities (e.g. eligibility rosters, players’, addresses, etc.) to meet requirements by the Virginia High School League, the School Board, local school and MPCS.
- Follows School Activity Funds Manual and local school policies involving financial transactions.
- Establishes procedures for communicating with parents/guardians.
- Implements appropriate procedures when handling injury situations.
- Ensures availability of first aid kit and emergency care cards at all times.
- Inspects facilities, equipment and environmental conditions to ensure the safety of participants.
- Participates in professional growth activities.
- Participates in the award program(s) in adherence of school procedures.
- Provides an atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with other staff and the public through the
use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as, but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions will be required.
CLEARANCES (Conditions for employment):
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
- Tuberculosis Screening
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Manassas Park City Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserve the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.