SPECIAL ED PARAPROFESSIONAL
Description: SPECIAL ED PARAPROFESSIONAL -Provides academic and behavioral support to students, including those with disabilities, to assist with a wide range of services so they may reach their highest potential within the school setting.
- Provides a safe and supportive environment so students with special needs may fully access their education.
- Accompanies and assists students throughout the school day as necessitated by the IEP, as assigned.
- Provides academic tutoring/remediation, 1:1 or in small group settings under the direction of a certified teacher.
- May transcribe instructional materials into Braille as needed.
- Assists and trains students in all areas of self-care as needed, including feeding, hygiene, dressing, mobility.
- Performs medical tasks as assigned under the direction or instruction of licensed medical providers (nurses, doctors) including, but not limited to catheterizations, care of trachea tubes, gastric tube feeding, etc.
- Maintains required records and files, performs Medicaid billings.
- Performs administrative and clerical duties as assigned (typing, filing, copying, data entry, meeting schedules and material preparation).
- Assists students with organizing activities, scheduling events, processing paperwork and other related activities.
- Assists with instruction of groups (priority): works one-on-one and in small groups with students on specific needs; monitors behaviors for behavior plans. Assists teacher in modifying student assignments as needed.
- Assists with informal student testing/monitoring of objectives (priority) – e.g. sight words, math facts, reading inventories, fluency checks.
- Performs classroom duties: bulletin boards; calendars; organizing/maintaining orderliness of classroom centers.
- May assist with IEP/paperwork on a limited basis.
- May assist in the completion and sending of meeting notice forms, vision/hearing screening forms; creates goals/objectives checklists; distributes teacher input/communication forms.
- Assists with proctoring district and state standardized assessments.
- May grade students work and record student goals/grades onto spreadsheets.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Hold an associate's degree or be able to meet the state's standards for highly qualified
- 2 years of experience working with children
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- AZ Driver's License
- Finger Print Clearance
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
Altar Valley Middle School Teacher
Altar Valley Middle School is a 6th – 8th grade school of approximately 250 students is seeking a dynamic teacher to join our All-Star team.
Altar Valley School District lies just southwest of Tucson, Arizona approximately 10 miles west of Ryan Airfield and 25 miles from Kitt Peak National Observatory. AVSD staff members have the good fortune to work in small, student-centered schools in a supportive, rural community where our positive efforts are making a difference in the lives of our students. We are part of a two school district. Robles Elementary serves our PK-5th grade and Altar Valley Middle Schools serves our 6th through 8th grade students.
Both of the district’s schools effectively serve high percentages of at-risk students in a variety of ways beyond standardized test achievement success. We offer numerous extra-curricular programs aimed at serving our students, families, and the whole community. District and site-based decision-making is best on the best interest of students.
Our staff is a mix of area residents and commuters from Tucson. Our close proximity to the city enables employees to enjoy the many benefits of Tucson, including access to the University of Arizona. If you are a team player, looking for a progressive district where your ideas are valued, we might be the place for you.
For more information to apply:
Visit our website – www.altarvalleyschools.org