Future Middle School Teacher
SAN CARLOS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 20
P.O. Box 207
San Carlos, AZ 85550
Mission: We exist to educate and empower students to become culturally responsive, global Nn’ee
Vision: We will become an effective student focused learning community graduating culturally confident citizens.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
QUALIFICATION: 1. BA or HIGHER FROM ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY
2. MUST POSSESS FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE CARD AND BE CERTIFIED BY THE ADE
3. CERTIFICATE MUST BE REGISTERED AT THE COUNTY OFFICE
REPORTS TO: SITE PRINCIPAL
JOB GOALS: To create a flexible elementary grade program and a classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth of each student. To establish effective rapport with pupils and be able to motivate pupils to accept the responsibility for their own learning. Help students develop the necessary skill levels and attitude and knowledge that will be necessary to provide a good foundation for future learning and success. To establish good relationship with students, parents, and other staff members.
- Teaches reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics. The teacher is also responsible to provide instruction in science, art, and music. This is to be accomplished using the course of study as prescribed in the Rice Elementary District Curriculum Guide as adopted by the Governing Board.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter as specified in the state law. Instruction is to be closely correlated to the state guidelines and minimal objectives. Instruction is also to be closely correlated to the Arizona State Standardized testing.
- Develops lesson plans complete with instructional objectives, procedures to be used to teach toward the objectives and a means of evaluation. The teacher is to use individualized instruction as well as whole group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means, to discuss pupil’s progress.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems
- Creates an effective learning environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, interest, and/or learning centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated. The evaluation will be done according to district policy; and the evaluation instrument that will be used in the formal evaluation is one approved by the Governing Board.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids that will be used in the classroom
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district testing program. Administers the state mandated test under the direction of the district testing coordinator.
- Participates in curriculum development program as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities as assigned by the Principal
- Follows the district discipline policy and holds each student accountable for his/her own actions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Principal.