WAREHOUSE WORKER 2023/2024 (CC:7003 ) FTE 1.0
Job | Posted 4 months ago
TITLE: Warehouse Worker
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide delivery, set up and other warehousing services within the district.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Delivers food, supplies, equipment and other materials to various locations within the district.
- Delivers and sets up equipment.
- Receives and inspects merchandise. Loads and unloads vehicles.
- Processes purchase orders and requisitions. Inputs data and files paperwork.
- Performs routine maintenance on vehicles and assists in maintaining cleanliness of warehouse areas.
- Assists with maintaining inventory and processing purchase orders and requisitions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of warehouse storage and distribution policies and practices.
Knowledge of purchasing and inventory procedures and practices.
Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications.
Skill in performing inventory and storage activities.
Skill in operating computer hardware and software applications.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 60 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Able to crawl, bend and work in confined spaces. Able to drive/travel in the performance of job requirements. Able to operate a forklift and pallet jack.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and six (6) months experience in warehouse work OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provide the required knowledge and skills.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Valid Driver’s License.