SY2024-2025 School Psychologist Intern (CC:6986) FTE 1.0
School Psychologist Intern
DEPARTMENT REPORTS TO
Director of Student Services
To function as a member of the total educational team and bring specialized knowledge and skills related to learning processes, techniques of assessment of learning and social adjustment, research design, and modification of behaviors.
1. Currently enrolled in a program of School Psychology, graduating with at least a Master's degree and the ability to be certified in School Psychology.
2. Teaching experience or equivalent preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To complete the Intern Preparation Program with all competencies attained.
2. To consult with teachers, administrators, student service workers, parents, and other appropriate personnel regarding specific cases in which assistance is requested (SIT, staff development, referrals).
3. To utilize psychological methods, instruments and techniques for purposes of measurement, understanding, and prediction of learning and behavior in the school child.
4. To produce in a timely manner reports reflecting the results of the above measurements to be used by school and staff personnel in designing Individual Educational Plans for students as needed.
5. To counsel using psychological principles and techniques for the purpose of improving communications, socialization, adjustment, adaptation, and achievement on a short-term basis.
6. To utilize learning theory and principles to aid teachers or parents with individual child and/or group behavior management.
7. To plan and/or participate in educational research aimed at improving instructional programs.
8. To attend and conduct staff meetings and conferences to develop professional attitudes and skills.
9. Communicate with the parents regarding programs and services available to meet the educational, health behavioral, and mental health needs of students.
10. To perform assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
11. To perform assigned tasks with a high standard of quality.
12. To perform such other tasks and assume such other responsibilities as the Director of Student Services or his/her designee may assign.