Food Service Handler
SAN CARLOS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 20
P.O. Box 207, San Carlos, AZ 85550
www.sancarlosbraves.org * (928) 475-2315
Mission: We exist to educate and empower students to become culturally responsive, global Nn’ee
Vision: We will become an effective student focused learning community graduating culturally confident citizens.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
Food Service Handler - Job Description
Summary- Prepare and serve food in a clean and efficient cafeteria for students and adults.
CLASSIFICATION: At-Will Classified
- High school diploma or Ged equivalent.
- One to three years of food service experience preferred.
- Any combination of training and experience which provides a demonstrated potential for performing the required duties.
- Must be certified as a Qualified Food Handler with an active certificate by the Food Protection Certification Program or equivalent.
- Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Arizona Driver’s License.
REPORTS TO: Food Service Assistant Manager
- Preparation of meals.
- Maintains the highest standards of safety.
- Assists in the serving of students and staff from the cafeteria serving lines.
- Cleans all dishes, equipment and food preparation that are used for preparing of food.
- Maintains the trash and garbage collection area in a sanitary fashion.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the cafeteria head cook.
- Must be able to stand at an assigned location on concrete based tile flooring and work continuously for extended periods of time, supervising employees in food receiving, storage, preparation and serving.
- Carry, move and stock food, supplies and equipment weighing up to 40 lbs., storing at heights from 6” to 60” from the floor.
- Must be physically able to tolerate temperatures ranging from -10 F. to 40 F. for periods of time up to one-half hour.
- Must be able to tolerate temperatures of 80 F. for the duration of the defined work day. Must have the stamina necessary for the efficient performance of duties.
- Must be free from communicable diseases.
Term of Employment: 10 mos (201 days)
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Personnel.
Please apply online at scbraves.net, under the Employment tab, Applitrak our online application system. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resource Department Manager at (928) 475-2315, Ext. 1411.