Maintenance Tech II (HVAC & Generalist)
MAINTENANCE TECH II (HVAC & GENERALIST)
Hiring Pay Range: $20.79 - $28.31 per hour, DOE.
FTE: 1.0. 40 hours per week
Hours: Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 2:30pm (30 minute unpaid meal break)
12 months per year, 261 work days
Non-Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Location: Catalina Foothills High School
Target Start Date: ASAP
Definition: Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs journey-level work in the maintenance and repair of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and similar systems of district buildings and facilities.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
- Maintains and performs routine and emergency repairs to electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration devices;
- Interprets blueprints and schematic diagrams related to electrical, plumbing and HVAC control systems;
- Inspects, tests and analyzes malfunctions of equipment and systems;
- Troubleshoots, dismantles, repairs, reassembles and installs controllers, relays, sensors and switches on assigned equipment and systems;
- Repairs, maintains and retrofits electrical systems, fire alarms, public address systems and telephone systems;
- Repairs vandalism or storm damage to buildings and grounds;
- Oversees HVAC, electrical and plumbing related construction work done by others and reviews for accuracy the completed work;
- Communicates with Director of Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor in the assessment and coordination of repairs;
- Completes work order reports;
- Performs preventative maintenance of assigned HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems;
- Assists with other trades maintenance activities;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of maintenance manuals and maintenance techniques
- Knowledge of maintenance equipment
- Skill in the safe operation of power tools, hand tools, and other maintenance equipment
- Skill in reading blueprints and schematic diagrams
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and administrators
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Five (5) years of journey level trades maintenance experience in HVAC, electrical and plumbing fields;
- Basic computer related skills, including familiarity with MS Word and MS Excel;
- Knowledge of the SchoolDude Work Order system is a plus.
Valid Arizona Driver’s license with ability to drive a manual shift vehicle and clear driving record
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.