School Bus Driver
JOB TITLE: BUS DRIVER
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
HOURLY RATE: $12.15- $16.74
SUMMARY: Ensures students and other official passengers are transported safely and efficiently to and from school and other school related events (field trips, athletic events, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Transports passengers (students, teachers, parents, etc.) to and from school and other district sanctioned events.
• Maintains order and discipline of students and other passengers on bus per prescribed policies, prepares conduct reports as needed.
• Demonstrates and explains emergency evacuation procedures to passengers in accordance with Transportation Safety Training.
• Maintains daily mileage and route logs as required.
• Updates route maps and directions as needed. Transports students, etc. according to official route directions.
• Obeys all traffic laws and observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
• Performs as a substitute bus driver as needed.
• Conducts a daily pre-trip safety inspection of the vehicle. Communicates with teachers, principal, monitors and other officials as needed.
• Operates wheelchair lift, and loads and unloads and safely secures passengers confined to wheelchairs, when applicable.
• Monitors the activities of Transportation (Bus) Monitors as they relate to their actions with students and the public.
• Unwavering belief that all students can be successful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to operate a standard or automatic transmission motor vehicle and foot controls with two feet simultaneously.
• Ability to use two-way communication equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
• Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community members.
• Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
• Ability to handle confrontation and conflict without an emotional response.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent; 2 years driving experience
• Arizona Class B Driver’s License with air brake, passenger and school bus endorsements
• Arizona School Bus Driver Certification
• Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
• CPR and First Aid Certification desired