Half-Time School Psychologist
Investigates processes of learning and teaching and develops psychological principles and techniques applicable to educational problems to foster behavior, emotion and academic achievement of the students by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts assessments of students with special needs and interprets reports on the students.
- Develops and designs interventions for applicable students.
- Serves as an intervention team member.
- Coordinates individual and small group counseling between students, teachers and parents.
- Collaborates with teachers in developing curriculum and instructional interventions and methods for monitoring progress.
- Diagnoses the nature and causes of educational disabilities and implications for instruction.
- Conducts assessments related to early entrance to kindergarten.
- Participates in student planning and academic placement.
- Interacts with students involved in extra curricular activities.
- Participates in frequent training, curriculum development programs and committees as needed.
- Chooses evaluation instruments that are valid and reliable and administers all tests appropriately.
- Follows all policies and procedures for the provision of special education as established by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Assumes responsibility of maintaining up to date knowledge of technology utilized by the district.
Half-time 2018-2019 school year
Elementary School setting
Proper Ohio licensure is required.
Apply Online, attach resume, copy of license and transcripts.
Attach any other documents you would like the interview committee to consider.