Substitutes - Teachers & Paraprofessionals (Instructional Aides)
Substitutes serve the District in the same capacity as a regular classroom teacher, or instructional aide, during their absence.
This is an on-call position. Substitutes are paid a daily fee for services rendered. (Substitutes are not eligible for benefits or unemployment compensation)
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- A properly registered Professional Educator License with any subject area teaching endorsement or a substitute teaching license
- Proficient with PCs, tablets, and other mobile electronic devices
- Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed
- Demonstrated aptitude as a self-starter who works with minimal supervision
- Effective communication, human relations, and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
All applicants must complete an on-line application.
2020-2021 Substitute Pay Structure
Regular School Day Per Period Full Day Extra Period
First 25 Days $17.50 $105.00 $122.50
Premium Sub Day $20.00 $120.00 $140.00
After 25 Days $19.17 $115.00 $134.17
Premium Sub Day $22.50 $135.00 $157.50
First 25 Days $13.13 $78.75 $91.88
Premium Sub Day $15.00 $90.00 $105.00
After 25 Days $14.38 $86.25 $100.63
Premium Sub Day $16.88 $101.28 $118.16
Long Term Substitute $47.66* $285.97* $333.63*
*For each day after ten consecutive days of substituting for the same teacher, a substitute teacher will be paid the daily rate of a beginning teacher with a bachelor's degree.
Please address any questions to the Assistant Principal of the assigned campus.
*This rate does not apply for long-term instructional aide positions.
Instructional Aides Per Period Full Day Extra Period
Regular School Day $16.67 $100.02 $116.69
Premium Sub Day $19.00 $114.00 $133.00
SMART/Shortened Day $12.50 $75.00 $87.50
Premium Sub Day $14.25 $85.50 $99.75
Travel Rate paid per day: $1.74
Qualified applicants undergo a District screening process that is compliant with all State and Federal laws. Applicants who advance beyond the screening process must undergo a Criminal History Records Investigation (CHRI), and other elements of the onboarding process, prior to placement on the District’s substitute list.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Uniform Grievance Procedure