Substitute Clerk - 2019-2020SY
Job | Posted a year ago
SUBSTITUTE CLERK - SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019
Essential Job Functions
- Assists with the copying and distribution of documents and other materials (e.g., correspondence, bulletins, reports) for administrative, instructional and clerical staff.
- Assists in maintaining documents, files and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference.
- Assists with answering telephone calls, and provide information and assistance to callers.
- Assists in distributing incoming mail appropriately.
- Assists in maintaining inventories of supplies and materials for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Work in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior successful clerical experience preferred.
East St Louis School District 189
Board of Education 1005 State Street, East St. Louis, IL 62201
At the following locations
Various School Locations
1005 State Street , East St. Louis, IL 62201
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246