Substitute Bus Driver
Pickens County Board of Education
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: AS NEEDED
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Valid Georgia Class B CDL driver’s license with S&P
2. Able to safely lift 75 pounds.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on evaluation.
- Provide safe and proper transportation for eligible students assigned by the Department of Transportation.
- Properly conduct pre/post-trip inspections.
- Properly use appropriate lights and/or warning signals.
- Follow proper procedures for loading, unloading, crossing highways, securing staff and assuring all students are safely away from the bus before continuing on route.
- Properly maneuver bus including backing and using mirrors.
- Able to operate air or manual doors.
- Use two-way radio efficiently, following proper etiquette.
- Accurately follow assigned route and time schedule assigned by the Transportation Department.
- Assist in safety training for all students on assigned route.
- Transport bus for established maintenance schedule.
- Properly greet students.
- Demonstrate proper use of seat belts.
- Maintain proper speed limits, and obey all posted signs.
- Properly follow procedures at R/R crossings
- Maintain control of student behavior.
- Maintain positive attitude and enthusiasm in a professional manner.
- Dress neat and appropriately according to policy.
- Medical requirements to qualify for bus driver including successful completion of a physical.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the job, use of good mature judgment and enthusiasm about job.
- Demonstrate proper care of the bus, including cleanliness, checking fluid levels, etc.
- Communicate and establish positive relationship with students, parents, and school administrator.
- Provide all route information, accident reports and other information to the Transportation Department.
- Keep all students and route information organized and updated on bus.
- Attend all in-service safety meetings as required.
- Possess and maintain valid and appropriate license, certificate and/or credentials as may be required for this position.
- Follow work scheduling and attendance requirements in a regular, predictable, and punctual manner.
- Review current development, literature, and technical source information related to job responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures.
- Follow federal and state laws, as well, as school board policies.
- Submit to random drug screening as requested.
- Perform other duties as required.