Bus Drivers - Full-Time & Part-Time
Carman-Ainsworth Community Schools is looking for Full-Time & Part-Time Bus Drivers. Drivers recieve $16.50 per run, full-time packages range from 6 runs to 8 runs. Interested candidates should contact the Transportation department at 810-591-3470 or stop into the Transportation office at 1409 W. Maple Ave. Flint, MI.
Supervisor of Transportation
Students who are transported on school-related bus trips
Job Purpose and Focus
Provide safe, timely, and responsible transportation for district students (and staff, when appropriate) over specified routes according to a specified time schedule. Comply with all traffic laws, regulations, and local school bus safety policies. Handle emergency situations effectively. Encourage the orderly conduct of students on the bus and handle incidents of misconduct appropriately.
Essential Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Acceptable driving record
- Pass physical including drug and vision test
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Ability to work in a friendly manner with co-workers and students
- Capable of reading and understanding maps
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Knowledge of and adherence to all district requirements and Board of Education policies
- Ability to meet deadlines
Essential Functions and Representative Duties
- Complete a pre-trip inspection prior to each use of the bus
- Ensure that the bus is properly warmed up before the start of the trip
- Observe all FCC regulations for the use of the two-way radio
- Supervise the boarding and de-boarding of students
- Maintain discipline when students are on the busses
- Keep assigned bus clean each day
- Follow assigned routes and schedules
- Transport only authorized students
- Follow all procedures, policies, and directives of the district
- Perform other duties as assigned
Terms of Employment
Wages and benefits as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Board of Education.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and occasionally required to walk or stand. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk while performing the duties of this job. The employee frequently repeats the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. The employee frequently uses hand strength to grasp tools. The employee occasionally works in extreme temperatures and occasionally will walk on slippery surfaces. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
Bus drivers will be evaluated annually. Criteria for performance include but are not limited to:
- Attendance record
- Pick-up and delivery record
- Citations and fines
- Routine inspections
- Record of arrivals
- Accident record
- Record of meetings with building staff
- Participation in specific training or workshop opportunities
- Demonstration of interpersonal, time, conflict, and stress management skills
- Production and efficiency related to job duties
Intent and Function of Position Descriptions
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions.
All descriptions reflect essential functions and basic duties. Peripheral tasks have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities are the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as appropriate, in keeping with collective bargaining agreements and law.
Carman-Ainsworth Community Schools does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.