Substitute Maintenance/Custodial worker
1. Previous experience preferred.
Reports to: Buildings and grounds director and assistant buildings and grounds director.
To assist in providing students with a clean, safe, attractive and comfortable environment in which to learn and develop.
1.Coordinate the delivery of mail, packages, equipment, and supplies between school buildings.
2.Deliver requisitioned items according to established procedures. Inform supervisor when items are in short supply.
3. Unpack items received, inspect for damages, and verify the accuracy of delivery.
4. Maintain the school physical plant and grounds in a condition of operating excellence so that full educational use of them may be made at all times.
5. Keep sidewalks, driveways and play areas safe, neat and clean at all times.
6.Maintain the building consistent with the season and in accordance with sound energy conservation practice.
7.Insure that all exit doors are open and all panic bars are working properly.
8.Load and deliver food and supplies to assigned kitchens.
9.Set up school facilities for school events.
10.Follow established cleaning procedures on a daily basis and at such other times as deemed appropriate by the principal
11. Attend to minor repairs in the buildings and reports major repair needs to the supervisors.
12. Conduct an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep, and repair.
13. Assist with the care and upkeep of all lawns and athletic fields in the district.
14. Regular attendance is an essential duty for this position.
15. Specific duty assignments may vary, as determined by the supervisors.
Terms of Employment: Substitute hours are set by the supervisors. The substitute pay rate is currently $10.15 per hour.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the supervisors.
If you are interested in this position, please contact buildings and grounds director Gene Konkler (email@example.com).