Long Term Special Education Preschool Aide (Genoa, OH)
During this uncertain time, school districts continue to evaluate the structure of learning for their students and staff, that will position them in the most safe environment. We share in this effort and whether it be in classrooms or through remote learning, we will ensure you are provided with necessary guidelines and trainings to be effective in your work and remain healthy.
|POSITION||Long Term Preschool Aide|
|PAY RATE||$11.50 Per Hour|
|HOW TO APPLY||www.rachelwixey.com|
Rachel Wixey & Associates is proud to support North Point Educational Service Center for the recruitment of substitute school based employment opportunities within the Genoa Area Local Schools Preschool Program. Long term educational aides play an important role in our schools by assisting students with special educational needs.
- Presents subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of the teacher.
- Ensures that students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Keeps students safe and engaged.
- Exhibits proper classroom management techniques.
- Understands building and classroom policy and procedures.
- Documents lesson plans.
- Maintains student records/performance.
- Follows the Individualized Education Program (IEP) of the student.
- Lifts, diapers and/or feeds student.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Clean criminal background.
- Three (3) positive professional references.
- Demonstrated experience working with special needs school aged children.
After Hire (Contingent)
- Ohio Department of Education Substitute Educational Aide Permit ($25), or higher license.
- FBI & BCI Background checks dated within 12 months (Cost varies per agency).
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), full day paid training.
- Confirmed daily assignments, 30-35 hours per week
- No nights, weekends or holidays
- Enrollment in School Employees Retirement System
- Options for minor medical benefits