JobID 392 : ELL Paraprofessional (#481620)
The ELL paraprofessional may work with students on a one-to-one basis or with small groups and assist in maintenance of materials, equipment and records of the program; and reinforce instruction as directed by the teacher, and communicate with students in English or a designated second language to facilitate instructional processes.
1. Bilingual fluency in reading, writing and speaking English and Spanish.
2. Holds a current paraprofessional license.
3. Ability and willingness to work with students in a multilingual setting.
4. Ability and commitment to work to work cooperatively in the instructional team under the supervision of the assigned teacher(s)
5. Ability and commitment to learn instructional techniques to meet individual student needs.
6. Knowledge of basic content area skills.
7. An equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
Has earned 48 or more credit college hours or holds a two-year degree. Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Bilingual fluency in reading, writing and speaking English and one other major language. Experience: Has worked in an organized setting with children whose primary language is not English. Physical
25 lbs lifting, 25 lbs pushing/pulling, bending, stooping and squatting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to the teacher (s) and assist in lesson preparation directed by the teacher.
2. Confer, as needed, with teachers concerning programs and materials to meet student needs.
3. Assist certified teachers during testing period as assigned by teacher/school administrator.
4. Provide support to the teacher by helping set up work areas, displays and exhibits, operating audio-visual equipment, operating educational training equipment and distributing and collecting paper and supplies.
5. Provide translations for non-English speaking parents such as phone calls, notes, and letters between home and school.
6. Under the supervision of a certified personnel/administrator and on a limited basis perform
other duties as assigned.