OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION 1014.041 – AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT BUS DRIVER
1. High School Diploma/Equivalent
2. Twenty-one years of age
3. Current driver’s license, valid in Kentucky
4. Physical examination – Board-appointed physician
5. Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
6. Criminal record check
7. Driving history check
8. No drug or alcohol convictions within the last five years.
10. Commercial Driver’s License (CDL); Class B; Endorsements: Passenger (P) & School Bus (S)
11. Able to push, pull and lift 45 lbs. and bend at the waist, kneel and lift hands over head
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
JOB GOAL: To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district's curriculum and extracurricular programs.
Incorporated by reference: 702 KAR 5:080
1. Obeys all traffic laws.
2. Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
3. Maintains discipline when students are on bus.
4. Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
5. Keeps assigned bus clean.
6. Follows bus route schedules as designed by route manager.
7. Checks bus before each operation for mechanical defects and completes post-trip check at end of each route to insure no students or belongings remain on the bus.
8. Notifies the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
9. Stops bus to load or unload students at designated bus stop only.
10. Exercises responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips.
11. Transports only authorized students.
12. Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
13. Enforces regulations against eating and using tobacco products on the bus.
14. Attends work regularly and on time. Notifies transportation office well in advance of official on-duty time before being absent.
15. Follows all board policies and administrative regulations.
16. Uses bus radio in accordance to FCC regulations.
17. Completes all other task as assigned by supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be determined by the Superintendent based on the number of contract days and appropriate board-approved salary schedule.
Adopted: February 6, 1988
Revised: September, 1991
Revised: June 30, 1998
Revised: June 8, 1999
Revised: July 7, 2003
Revised: July 11, 2006
Revised: September 20, 2012
Revised: October 30, 2014
Revised: February 23, 2015
Revised: June 30, 2015