The Sherwood Cass R-VIII School District is seeking a 12-month Maintenance Worker to begin January 2, 2018. The Maintenance Worker performs manual and semi-skilled to skilled work in the care of the buildings, grounds, buses, and equipment. This position works with the head of the Transportation Department and the Head of Facilities.
- Base Pay: $11.00 / hour, but could range higher based on previous experience
- Two Weeks Paid Vacation per year
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) Days to be used for personal or sick leave per year
- Board-paid health insurance
- Board-paid life insurance ($10,000)
- Perform various maintenance tasks such as minor electrical, plumbing, and facility repairs
- Perform general labor inside and outside of building including handling materials and supplies, moving equipment, and operating power-driven equipment
- Drive district vehicles and equipment such as mowers
- Conduct seasonal grounds work such as snow, ice, and leaf removal and lawn care including mowing, trimming, spraying, etc.
- Maintain facilities in accordance with state and local safety and code requirements and Board of Education policies and administrative procedures
- Provide maintenance on any and all equipment used for upkeep of the grounds
- Responds to maintenance requests from administration and classroom requests.
- Assists with daily bus preparation for routes including fueling, washing, and small repairs.
- Substitute bus driving as needed (bus driver certification not required at time of hiring, but training to drive buses would begin upon the start date)
- Other tasks as assigned to help with the transportation, safety, and learning environments of the school district
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Successful Completion and clearance of a background check (reimbursed)
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and manuals
- Communicate effectively and clearly in-person, via telephone, or email.
- Basic Computer Skills including ability to use or learn to use computer based maintenance request program
- Regular Attendance is an essential function of this position
- While performing duties, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach, climb, bend, squat, stoop, and kneel
- The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp and use tools and climb ladders
- The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally the employee will lift or move up to 90 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee regularly works indoors and occasionally works outdoors. The employee will work near or with moving mechanical equipment. The employee may occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee will frequently work alone and will occasionally work irregular or extended hours. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but can occasionally be loud.