High School US History Teacher
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree issued by an accredited college or university
Educator License issued by Mississippi Department of Education
To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women
- Meet and instruct assigned classes at the assigned school and at times designated by Principal
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of Principal
- Encourage students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects to communicate these objectives to students
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the districts philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as assigned
- Identify and report possibility of learning disabilities of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation
- Assist the administration in implementing policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner
- Make provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluate the job performance
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence by participation in training sessions and classes
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Administers standardized tests and screeners in accordance with the district testing policy.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Maintains and accepts responsibility for any district owned fixed asset item assigned to employee and ensures appropriate use by following district policies for acceptable use
- Undergoes periodic evaluations according to state and board policy procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Regular, dependable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performs such other and not specifically enumerated duties as may be requested by the Board of Education, superintendent, administrator, director or established by district policy.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year as established by the Rankin County Board of Education
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Rankin County School Board policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel