Email To A Friend
|High School Teaching|
1. Holds a current MS teaching license.
2. Has knowledge of curriculum framework and relevant coursework.
3. Is highly qualified in appropriate grade and subject.
4. Demonstrates proficiency in oral and written communication.
5. Displays ability to establish and maintain a positive rapport with students, staff, parents and the public.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable..
REPORTS TO: Principal or designee.
1. Plans, prepares, and delivers instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
2. Develops and maintains written lesson plans based on MS Curriculum Framework and district pacing guide.
3. Establishes and communicates clear objectives for all learning activities.
4. Develops and implements instruction and assessments at the appropriate Depth of Knowledge (DOK) level.
5. Prepares classroom for class activities and keeps classrooms neat, clean, and orderly.
6. Provides a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
7. Identifies and selects different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs.
8. Instructs and monitors students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
9. Uses relevant technology to support instruction.
10. Modifies instruction and develops interventions based on data (RtI).
11. Observes and evaluates students’ performance and development, based on data (common assessments, universal screeners, etc).
12. Assigns and grades class work, homework, tests and assignments and provides appropriate feedback to students and parents.
13. Encourages and monitors the progress of individual students.
14. Maintains accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
15. Updates all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies, and school regulations.
16. Manages student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
17. Maintains discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
18. Participates in department meetings, school meetings and parent meetings.
19. Communicates necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and needs.
20. Stays abreast of current developments in subject area, teaching resources and
methods and makes relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
21. Participates and implements new strategies obtained through professional development.
22. Maintains high standards, ethical behavior and confidentiality of student issues
23. Exemplifies strong work ethics and professionalism (i.e promptness, attendance and professional dress).
Performs other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The salary and length of contract shall be established by the Board of Education.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the principal or designee in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.