JobID 1906 : Business Teacher (#412671)
Posted 2 years ago
To provide the instruction of assigned students keeping within the law, board policies and administrative regulations. Instruction is the teaching/learning process which includes student guidance, management, skills and knowledge in grade/subject areas taught.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION – Valid Mississippi Teaching License with appropriate endorsements
1. Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated
2. Plan and implement a program of study following state and district goals/curriculum that as
much as is possible, meet the individual needs and development of students
3. Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals; establish clear
objectives for all instructional units, projects and lessons to communicate these goals and
objectives to students
4. Diagnose the needs and abilities of assigned students and prescribe appropriate learning
activities for each student
5. Evaluate each student's growth periodically and develop instructional plans for the future;
assist the specialists in the instruction of special education students
6. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and parents/guardians
concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students
7. Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student conduct
the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedures, and main-
tain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner
8. Encourage students to set and maintain appropriate standards of classroom behavior
9. Maintain accurate, complete and confidential records as required by law, administrative
regulations and district policy
10. Confer with colleagues, administration, students and/or parents when necessary
11. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for Educational Assistants, Special Needs
Assistants and/or volunteer(s) and provide input regarding their job performance as
12. Strive to maintain and improve professional competence through an ongoing program of
reading, workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced course work at institutions
of higher leaning
13. Attend staff meetings and serve on staff/district committees as required
14. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of subject matter, to seek professional growth, improve
classroom instruction and to qualify for certification by following both state and district
15. Perform such other tasks (which may require knowledge of other job descriptions) as may
seem to be appropriate to the Board or Administration
16. Maintains satisfactory attendance, as defined in District policy and regulations
NOTE: This job description is a summary of primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities. The Natchez-Adams School District School Board reserves the right to change this description at its discretion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit.
Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Some tasks require oral communications ability.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. The Natchez-Adams School District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation.