Instructional Technology Leader
Michigan Technical Academy Middle School is looking for an Instructional Technology Leader. The nature of this position is responsible for improving student and teacher capacity and ensuring instructional rigor through the use of technology in the classroom.
- Teach technology and media literacy to 5th through 8th grade students through direct and indirect work with students in the classroom.
- Develop lesson plans and supplementary materials to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Plan a technology education program involving demonstrations, lectures, discussions and student experiments; organize activities for optimal learning.
- Instruct students in the proper use, care and safe handling of equipment.
- Assist teachers with the integration of technology, including iPads, smart boards, laptops and other electronic equipment, in all subjects.
- Assist teachers in lesson and project planning to maximize the effective use of instructional technology and ensure each child’s technical proficiency.
- Provide training to teachers in using iPads, smart boards, laptops and other instructional technology for classroom use.
- Proactively communicate with teachers to identify opportunities for technology integration.