Instructional Technology Specialist
Michigan Technical Academy Middle School is looking for an Instructional Technology Specialist. This position is responsible for improving student and teacher capacity and ensuring instructional rigor through the use of technology in the classroom. Michigan Technical Academy utilizes a 1:1 iPad program for all of our students.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Teaches students technology and media literacy through direct and indirect work with students in the classroom.
- Develops supplementary materials to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Plans a technology education program involving demonstrations, lectures, discussions, and student experiments; organizes activities for optimal learning.
- Supervises students in assigned out of classroom activities during the working day.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Assists teachers with the integration of technology, including iPads, smart boards, laptops, and other electronic equipment, in all subjects.
- Assists teachers in lesson and project planning to maximize the effective use of instructional technology and ensure each child’s technical proficiency.
- Provides training to teachers in using iPads, smart boards, laptops, and other instructional technology for classroom use.
- Proactively communicates with teachers to identify opportunities for technology integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Eligible for or possess Michigan Teacher Certificate..
- Demonstrated experience using technology effectively in the classroom