Substitute School Bus Drivers
MARION CITY SCHOOLS
July 17, 2017
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
Anticipated Opening for 2017-2018 School Year
Substitute School Bus Drivers – Transportation
We now have openings for substitute school bus drivers. Person applying for this position must have a CDL Class B License with SP endorsement. Pay Rate is $13.00 per hour.
How to Apply: Internal Applicant
If you are interested in being considered for this position and feel you are qualified, you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 15, 2018. Follow links: About Our District/Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form/Job ID #8886. If you have any questions contact Jason Heilman via email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: External Applicant
If you are interested in being considered for this position and feel you are qualified, you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 15, 2018. Follow Links: About Our District/Jobs at Marion City Schools/View All Positions in Consortium Districts/Sorted by District/Marion City Schools/Transportation/Job ID #8886/Apply. If you have any questions contact Jason Heilman via email email@example.com
The Board/Administration has the sole discretion to determine qualifications of all candidates based upon posted qualifications which will include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Ability to competently do the job 5. Experience
2. Attendance 6. Job skills and knowledge
3. People skills 7. Work ethic
4. Loyalty 8. Can the person do the essential functions required of the job?
The above qualification criteria may be determined via personnel file (if available), past evaluations (if available), administration/supervisor input, reference checks, testing (if required for position), interview process, and any other methods deemed appropriate by the employer.
MARION CITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Marion City Schools Board of Education that the best qualified applicant shall be selected for each position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, political affiliation, disabling or military status. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to participate in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made.
1. Drives the school bus on assigned routes, picking up and discharging students at designated locations.
2. Drives the school bus on extra trips as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor of the school system.
3. Observes all of the laws and regulations regarding the driving of a school bus at all times.
4. Maintains orderly conduct of students on the bus at all times.
5. Completes a report on misconduct of bus students on the computer when necessary.
6. Completes reports, as required, on the number and names of bus students, number of bus stops, trip
mileage, time, etc.
7. Checks all tires and wheels, lights, emergency equipment, etc. daily prior to bus runs as per rules and regulations.
8. Reports immediately all mechanical deficiencies and failures to the Transportation Mechanic.
9. Cleans the inside of the bus daily and outside of bus when needed.
10. Reports all accidents to the appropriate law enforcement agency and the Transportation Supervisor
the school system.
11. Keeps fuel in the bus and sees that the oil and water are checked regularly.
12. Attends safety meetings as directed.
13. Administers necessary first aid in case of accident.
14. Does evacuation and safety drills on their bus routes.
15. Performs such other duties as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor/designee.
NOTE: Bus Drivers must have a CDL Class B License with School Bus Endorsement.