Deputy Director of Finance
ReGeneration Schools (“ReGeneration”) is a school management organization that supports public charter schools in Chicago. Our mission is to create high performing schools that will close the student achievement gap for low-income students. ReGeneration currently manages three K-8 charter schools on behalf of Chicago International Charter School (CICS): CICS Avalon, CICS Basil, and CICS Washington Park. In total, these schools serve over 1,600 students. Since the campuses have been under new management, our schools have doubled in literacy scores. We view literacy as essential in helping students develop their reading and writing skills. These skills are necessary to raise their academic performance and make them more prepared to be excellent students in high school and college. For more information about our schools, visit http://regenerationschools.org/.
Join our team during this exciting period of our development. As we continue to strive to improve, we will usher in a day in Chicago when the promise of educational excellence for “all” of our children will truly mean “all”. We will only get there with great leaders.
We are seeking a full-time Deputy of Director of Finance to join our Chicago regional team. The Deputy of Director of Finance will be responsible for processing payroll, and entering accounts payable for three public charter schools. The Deputy of Director of Finance will collaborate with each school to acquire accurate payroll information, and to ensure all invoices are paid in a timely manner. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
- Manage and process payroll using Paylocity on-line system
- Assist with the implementation of time and labor system to track paid time-off
- Report earnings to the Chicago Teachers Pension Fund
- Enter invoices into QuickBooks, research discrepancies, and ensure all invoices are paid on-time
- Assist in month-end, quarterly-end and annual close functions
- Internal: Directors of Operations at each school; ReGeneration Schools regional team
- External: Chicago International Charter Schools network staff
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Team player with “can-do,” problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to positively accept constructive feedback from supervisors and peers
- Sincere interest in helping education reform organization improve the lives of children
Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university; accounting degree preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; attention to detail is required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required; experience with QuickBooks and/or Paylocity is a plus
Competitive salary and benefits (based on experience).
How to Apply:
Applications are only accepted online at http://victoryep.com/careers/chicago/.
ReGeneration is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.