Reading/ Language Arts Teacher (5-8)
ReGeneration Schools (“ReGeneration”) is a school management organization that supports public charter schools in Chicago. Our mission is to create high performing schools that will close the student achievement gap for low-income students. ReGeneration currently manages three K-8 charter schools on behalf of Chicago International Charter School (CICS): CICS Avalon, CICS Basil, and CICS Washington Park. In total, these schools serve over 1,600 students. Since the campuses have been under new management, our schools have doubled in literacy scores. We view literacy as essential in helping students develop their reading and writing skills. These skills are necessary to raise their academic performance and make them more prepared to be excellent students in high school and college. For more information about our schools, visit http://regenerationschools.org/.
We are seeking full-time Middle School Reading/Language Arts Teachers to join our CICS Basil campus. These candidates will have superior content knowledge, and a proven track record of providing excellent learning experiences that deepens students’ understanding of multiple literacy concepts. These candidates will collaborate with classroom teachers in planning units that are aligned with the Common Core academic standards.
- Believes low-income students can become college and career ready.
- Willingness to work long hours to successfully get the job done.
- High expectations on personal and team performance.
- Flexible to changing priorities and conditions.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity.
- Organized and ability to multi-task.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organized and sustain compliance in meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate mastery of academic subjects and behavioral interventions.
- 1-5 years of teaching experience in an urban setting.
- Valid State Certification (IL Type 03, IL Type 09, or Provisional license) with endorsement in Middle School Language Arts preferred by not required.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Design and implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards.
- Design, implement, and use informal and formal assessments to measure progress of students.
- Use data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Work collaboratively with school team to determine instructional and social needs of students that ensures success, and promotes students’ well-being.
- Collaborate with fellow teachers to create a friendly and safe environment demonstrating shared responsibility for achievement.
- Adhere to and support all school policies to enforce school core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct.
- Set and attain ambitious student achievement and social-emotional benchmarks.
- Model and encourage appropriate student behavior (i.e. grit, self-control, social intelligence, optimism and curiosity).
- Work with school team to constantly evaluate and improve mastery of instructional, culture building, and leadership skills.
- Maintain a classroom that demonstrates discipline, order and rigor.
- Ensure that all students graduate ready for the next academic level.
- Reflect critically on teaching practice and implement improvement strategies as needed.
- Participate in mandatory summer orientation (3 weeks) and training.
Competitive salary and benefits (based on experience).
How to Apply:
Applications are accepted online at http://victoryep.com/careers/chicago/.
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.