Special Education Teachers (K-8) and Special Education Teacher /Case Manager (K-8)
ReGeneration Schools (“ReGeneration”) is a school management organization that supports public charter schools in Chicago. Our mission is to create high performing schools that will close the student achievement gap for low-income students. ReGeneration currently manages three K-8 charter schools on behalf of Chicago International Charter School (CICS): CICS Avalon, CICS Basil, and CICS Washington Park. In total, these schools serve over 1,600 students. Since the campuses have been under new management, our schools have doubled in literacy scores. We view literacy as essential in helping students develop their reading and writing skills. These skills are necessary to raise their academic performance and make them more prepared to be excellent students in high school and college. For more information about our schools, visit http://regenerationschools.org/.
We are seeking an experienced full-time Special Education teachers to join our CICS Basil and CICS Washington Park teams. These candidates will have superior content knowledge to collaborate with classroom teachers in planning units that integrate learning and are aligned with the Core academic standards. These positions will work closely with the school team to supervise studentsaccording to their Individualized Education Plan (IEP). By implementing this plan, staff will help the students develop their full potential, while systematically increasing their socially appropriate behavior.
- Believes low-income students can become college and career ready.
- Willingness to work long hours to successfully get the job done.
- High expectations on personal and team performance.
- Flexible to changing priorities and conditions.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity.
- Organized and ability to multi-task.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organized and sustain compliance in meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate mastery of academic subjects and behavioral interventions.
- 1-5 years of teaching experience in an urban setting.
- Valid LBS1 Special Education Teacher Certification required.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Design and implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards.
- Set goals for the individualized education plan (IEP) that are achievable and comparable to non-special education student in accordance with the State of Illinois.
- Develop draft IEPs for initial students with disabilities and/or annual reviews two weeks prior to the IEP meeting.
- Provide support and direction to paraprofessionals that are assigned to students or special education classrooms.
- Design, implement, and use informal and formal assessments to measure progress of students.
- Work collaboratively with school team to determine instructional and social needs of students that ensures success, and promotes students’ well-being.
- Collaborate with fellow teachers to create a data-driven, learner-centered, friendly and safe environment demonstrating shared responsibility for achievement.
- Work with the RTI Team by suggesting appropriate accommodations or interventions for students in the RTI process.
- Adhere to and support all school policies to enforce school core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct.
- Set and attain ambitious student achievement and social-emotional benchmarks.
- Model and encourage appropriate student behavior (i.e. grit, self-control, social intelligence, optimism and curiosity).
- Work with school team to constantly evaluate and improve mastery of instructional, culture building, and leadership skills.
- Maintain a classroom that demonstrates discipline, order and rigor.
- Reflect critically on teaching practice and implement improvement strategies as needed.
- Participate in mandatory summer orientation (3 weeks) and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary and benefits (based on experience).
How to Apply:
Applications are accepted online at http://victoryep.com/careers/chicago/.
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.