Substitute Teacher - Great Lakes Bay Early College
REPORTS TO: Early College Director
DATES NEEDED: On call during school year, August 26th through May 29th any calendar year.
WORK DAYS PER YEAR: 40 hours per week on SVSU Campus; 2-3 courses taught daily.
RATE OF PAY: $80.00/day.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement substitute teacher plans in core classes of English, math, or science to students of the early college.
- Provide encouragement, and motivation in order to prepare students for assessments and homework.
- Shall possess 90 credit hours at one four-year University or college to qualify for substitute teaching position.
- Shall be familiar with multiple forms of technology.
- Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills, including courteousness, tact, and good verbal communication in all facets of the position.
- Must have knowledge and demonstrate confidentiality practices and maintain confidentiality of work, work product, etc. at all times.
- Must have highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency, accuracy, and timeliness in the handling of detailed work assignments.
- Must be highly organized; demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter in the completion of tasks, assignments, and projects.
Applicants must submit an application, cover letter, resume, and copies of transcripts. Please send to: Early College Director, Great Lakes Bay Early College, SVSU, 7400 Bay Road, University Center, MI 48710. An application may be obtained, and completed, on line by going to the SISD web site at: www.sisd.cc and clicking on “Employment.”