Substitute Special Education Aide (Norwalk, OH)
During this uncertain time, school districts continue to evaluate the structure of learning for their students and staff, that will position them in the most safe environment. We share in this effort and whether it be in classrooms or through remote learning, we will ensure you are provided with necessary guidelines and trainings to be effective in your work and remain healthy.
|POSITION||Substitute Special Education Aide|
|PAY RATE||$10.50 Hourly|
Rachel Wixey & Associates is proud to support the North Point Educational Service Center for the recruitment of substitute school based employment opportunities within Norwalk City Schools. Special education aides play an important role in our schools by assisting students with special educational needs.
- Presents subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of the teacher.
- Ensures that students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Keeps students safe and engaged.
- Exhibits proper classroom management techniques.
- Understands building and classroom policy and procedures.
- Documents lesson plans.
- Maintains student records/performance.
- Follows the Individualized Education Program (IEP) of the student.
- Lifts, diapers and/or feeds student.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Clean criminal background.
- Three (3) positive professional references.
- Experience working with special needs school aged children.
After Hire (Contingent)
- Ohio Department of Education Educational Aide Permit ($25), or higher license.
- FBI & BCI Background checks dated within 365 days of hire (Cost varies per agency).
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) full day paid training (Long term aides only).
- Part-time; on-call;
- Potential for long term placement; 30-35 hours per week
- Choose your own schedule
- No nights, weekends or holidays
- Enrollment in School Employees Retirement System
- Options for minor medical benefits