Long Term Paraprofessional, Bowling Green City Schools
During this uncertain time, school districts continue to evaluate the structure of learning for their students and staff, that will position them in the most safe environment. We share in this effort and whether it be in classrooms or through remote learning, we will ensure you are provided with necessary guidelines and trainings to be effective in your work and remain healthy.
|POSITION||Long Term Paraprofessional|
|LOCATION||Bowling Green, OH 43402|
|PAY RATE||$10.00 Per Hour|
Rachel Wixey & Associates is proud to support Bowling Green City Schools for the recruitment of substitute school based employment opportunities. Long term paraprofessionals play an important role in our schools by assisting students with special educational needs.
- Presents subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of the teacher.
- Ensures that students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Keeps students safe and engaged.
- Exhibits proper classroom management techniques.
- Understands building and classroom policy and procedures.
- Documents lesson plans.
- Maintains student records/performance.
- Follows the Individualized Education Program (IEP) of the student.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Clean criminal background.
- Three (3) positive professional references.
- Demonstrated experience working with school aged children.
After Hire (Contingent)
- Ohio Department of Education Substitute Educational Aide Permit ($25), or higher license.
- FBI & BCI Background checks dated within 12 months (Cost varies per agency).
- Confirmed daily assignment 30-35 hours per week.
- Enrollment in School Employees Retirement System (SERS).
- Options for minor medical benefits.
- Start at $10.00/hour with an increase every year after.