JobID 475 : Bus Monitors- (Accepting Applications) (#378249)
Job | Posted 7 months ago
Begin as Part-time (training) $12.02 per hour
Transition to Full-time w/benefits,
paid holidays, and personal leave
$12.02 - $13.53 per hour
(depending on experience)
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Job related experience is desired
- Ability to learn special methods and procedures for working with special needs students, to include handling equipment that may be required in transporting special needs students (i.e. walkers, wheelchairs, oxygen equipment, etc.).
- Must be able to work in extreme desert temperatures.
- Ability to acquire CPR and 1st Aid certification.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with students, co-workers, administrative staff and parents.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and pass department physical performance test.
To assist in providing safe transportation so students may enjoy the fullest advantages from all educational programs.
- Maintain good student conduct while on the bus with driver's support.
- Assist students as they enter and exit the school bus for curb-to-curb service as needed.
- Keep written records of inappropriate student behavior and any other records as required by Tolleson Union High School District guidelines.
- Responsible for securing/un-securing wheelchairs while the driver operates the lift, using tie-downs, belts, safety restraints, and any other related supportive equipment needed for transporting students.
- Assist the driver with the maintenance of a clean bus interior; wiping down the seats with disinfectant, inspecting and securing seatbelts and other safety equipment, putting up the windows, etc. while on duty.
- Demonstrate knowledge of assigned bus route for pickup and delivery of students.
- To perform other related duties/tasks as assigned.
- Meet or exceed the dress code.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry)
- Seniority in Monitor substitute pool only
- Is not eligible for sick leave or medical benefits until placed in a full time route.
- Is compensated at substitute assistant rate until placed in a full time route.
- Assignment of work will be on an as needed basis.
- Is required to communicate with Dispatch of availability to work on a weekly basis.
- Perform single technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade changing job conditions.
- Required to perform basic math
- Read and follow instructions; and understand written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: safety practices and procedures.
- Required to attend department in-service meetings and all recertification classes.
Required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating safety equipment, wheelchairs and restraints; and preparing and maintaining accurate records, maintain appropriate interpersonal relations with students, parents, and other staff of the district.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and /or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 70% sitting, 15% walking, and 15% standing. The job is performed under various temperature variations and some hazardous conditions.
TUHSD offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; two free medical options with Health Savings Accounts, two free dental options, District paid life insurance, the option to purchase supplemental life insurance, supplemental Short Term Disability and open flexible spending accounts.
Reports to: Director of Transportation
Location: District Office
Terms of Employment: 9 month
Evaluation: Evaluated annually as outlined in Governing Board Policy
Tolleson Elementary District
9401 W Garfield Road, Tolleson, AZ 85353
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143