Bus Drivers- (Accepting Applications)
Job | Posted 7 days ago
Begin as Part-time (training) $16.31 per hour
Transition to Full-time w/benefits,
paid holidays, and personal leave
$16.31 - $18.36 per hour
(depending on experience)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Job related experience is desired
- Possess and maintain appropriate Arizona driver's license and safe driving record; able to qualify for Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and AZ DOT certificate.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work in extreme desert temperatures.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical exam, drug screen and alcohol test.
- Ability to acquire CPR and 1st Aid certification
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and pass DPS physical performance test
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with students, co-workers, administrative staff, and parents.
To provide safe and efficient transportation of students as they participate in the District's regular and extracurricular programs.
- Transport students to and from school and other activities in a district vehicle over scheduled routes in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensures and maintains a safe environment for students during transport, loading and unloading; report student misconduct according to established directions.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for the purpose of being in compliance with the established rules and laws as outlines by DPS and Arizona Traffic Laws.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections for the purpose of ensuring the safe operating condition of the vehicle and complying with mandated guidelines.
- Report all necessary preventative maintenance on District Vehicle Repair Form to Dispatch or as directed for the purpose of ensuring the safe operating condition of the vehicle.
- Prepare and submit required record information on appropriate forms in a timely manner (e.g. mileage, discipline, accident, referrals, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and receive direction with Dispatchers.
- Maintain a clean bus on a daily basis routine.
- Perform other related duties/tasks as assigned.
- Be able to drive all bus types safely.
- Meet or exceed the dress code.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry)
- Seniority in substitute pool only.
- Is not eligible for sick leave or medical benefits until placed in a full time route.
- Is compensated at substitute driver rate until placed in a full time route.
- Assignment of work will be on an as needed basis.
- Is eligible for Field Trips.
- Is required to communicate with Dispatch of availability to work on a weekly basis.
- Perform single, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade changing job conditions.
- Required to perform basic math.
- Read and follow instructions; and understand written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: safety practices and procedures.
- Required to attend department in-service meetings and all recertification classes.
Required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including: operating school buses; and preparing and maintaining accurate records, maintaining appropriate interpersonal relations with students, parents, and other staff of the district.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and /or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 70% sitting, 15% walking, and 15% standing. The job is performed under various temperature variations and some hazardous conditions.
TUHSD offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; two free medical options with Health Savings Accounts, two free dental options, District paid life insurance, the option to purchase supplemental life insurance, supplemental Short Term Disability and open flexible spending accounts.
Reports to: Director of Transportation
Location: District Office
Terms of Employment: 9 month
Evaluation: Evaluated annually as outlined in Governing Board Policy
Tolleson Union High School District # 214
9801 W. Van Buren St. , Tolleson, AZ 85353
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143