JobID 471 : BMP Social Worker (#377800)
BMP TRI-COUNTY IAL EDUCATION COOPERATIVE
JOB DESCRIPTION: SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER
TITLE: School Social Worker
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a Master of Social Work Degree, a Type 73 School Services Personnel Certificate. Other qualifications/competencies:
1.) Must have the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with BMP staff, member districts and related personnel and to contribute to the accomplishment of a shared goal.
2.) Must have the ability to effectively communicate with others, to create a climate of trust and address possible conflict in order to resolve such conflict at the earliest possible stage.
POSITION SUMMARY: The School Social Worker will provide students with psychosocial and related consultative services to facilitate their optimal functioning within their educational setting.
REPORTS TO: School Social Worker Supervisor
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Acts in accordance with the Mission Statement of the BMP Cooperative.
2. Prepare a Social Developmental Study of the integrated report for a child who has or is suspected of having a disability to assist in addressing assessment questions.
3. Attend and participate in Building Based Team, Eligibility and Individual Education Planning Meetings to interpret assessment results in the area of social/emotional functioning.
4. Uses expertise in the areas of student social/emotional functioning to assist with data collection and/or classroom interventions.
5. Consults with district personnel to assist with educational, behavioral, or vocational planning.
6. Provides direct individual and/or group counseling as indicated on Individual Education Plans to resolve alleviate or manage key factors that affect the student’s functioning at school.
7. When appropriate, provides direct individual, group or classroom intervention to regular education students.
8. Assists parents in understanding their child’s special education needs and provides information on child development.
9. Provides linkages to resources available within the educational system or in the community.
10. Provide crisis intervention strategies and direct crisis intervention support as needed.
11. Provides workshops/inservice training to member districts, BMP staff or to community groups as requested.
12. Maintain timely and accurate records/reports.
13. Attend inservice training sessions, workshops, seminars, etc., to increase knowledge of current methodologies and issues in the field of School Social Workers
14. Performs/assumes other duties that may be assigned by the School Social Work Supervisor and/or the BMP Director.
15. Follow the policies and procedures of the BMP Staff Handbook.
EVALUATION: Performance of School Social Workers will be in accordance with the provisions of the BMP’s policy as described in the approved Evaluation Plan and aligned with the Performance Objectives.