Bus Driver-Special Education Route
Job | Posted 3 years ago
MANDAN PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
BUS DRIVER-Special Education Route
6 1/4 hours daily
Starting Salary: $16.83-$20.94 per hour
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Under basic supervision, operates school transit bus on assigned routes to and from school and special events; provides safe and secure transportation service to students.
- Drives students to and from school and special events; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Monitors and assists students, and enforces MPS policies and rules of conduct; reports behavior issues and other concerns to supervisor; completes all required written reports.
- Performs daily vehicle inspections, assures the bus is operating correctly, and identifies vehicle problems requiring additional maintenance and repair.
- Cleans the bus interior, sweeps the floors, and cleans windows and seats.
- Performs custodial and janitorial duties, and special assignments as directed.
- Reports safety hazards, equipment problems, and emergency situations.
- Supports the relationship between the Mandan Public Schools and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and School staff; maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records, and School information; follows compliance rules governing child abuse; performs related duties as required or assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation, Training and Experience Guidelines
High School diploma or GED equivalent. Experience working with children is desirable.
- MPS policies and procedures.
- Safety rules and regulations, and safe driving techniques in all road conditions.
- Local geographical area, road systems, and city and state traffic regulations.
- Operating school transit vehicles in a safe manner, in compliance with all traffic laws, District policy and procedures, and state and local regulations.
- Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid North Dakota State Commercial Driver’s License is required. First aid training is preferred and may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENTWork is performed in a transit vehicle in a traffic environment, with moderate physical requirements; may be required to lift and move items weighing up to 35 pounds.
Mandan Public Schools
905 8th Avenue Northwest , Mandan, ND 58554
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,824
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 11.82
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 80