Dean of Alternative School Grades 6-12
Dean of Students
Responsible for implementing the school wide plan for creating a positive
culture of behavior, as well as be in charge of administering discipline in
consultation with the building principal and in accordance with the
R.I.S.E. behavioral expectations and code of conduct.
Supervisory and Reporting Relationships:
- Direct reporting relationship to the Principal
- Provide and supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline system with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school and SCISC4, in accordance with due process and other laws and regulations.
- Work with the building principal and school staff in the implementation of the school wide plan for creating a positive culture of behavior in the school.
- Notify appropriate personnel and agencies immediately, and follow established procedures when there is evidence of substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical or social conditions, potential suicide or individuals appearing to be under the influence of alcohol, controlled substances, or anabolic steroids.
- Establish a professional rapport with students and with staff.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents, school personnel and agencies associated with the school.
- Meet with parents regarding student discipline and behavior issues.
- Ensures a safe, orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high morale among staff and students.
- Maintain positive, cooperative, and mutually supportive relationships with the central administration, parents, and representatives of resource agencies within the community.
- Coordinate all field trips and community service activities in consultation with school and district administration.
- Monitor all student disciplinary and attendance records/reports.
- Coordinate student testing activities.
- Coordinate student transportation with home school districts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PEL with Administrative Endorsement.
- Experience working with Middle and/or High School age children.
- Supervisory experience working in a school or educational setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and the ability to motivate people.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
Application Deadline: 4/30/2018
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY
INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN ONLINE APPLICATION:
- Letter of interest
- Three (3) references
- Three (3) letters of support