JobID 271 : Lead Teacher (#375062)
Sterling West is seeking full-time (1.0FTE) Lead Teacher, with qualifications in Secondary Education, for the Council Bluffs Campus in Council Bluffs, Iowa for 2017-2018. Sterling West – Council Bluffs Campus has an enrollment of 22 students from grades 3-12.
Sterling Education is a school system of excellence, comprised of 38 private schools located across Canada, the United States, and the Caribbean. Currently, the system provides over 1,100 students aged 8-18 with an outstanding and challenging education. Staff have the opportunity to travel and collaborate with likeminded professionals from across the continent. At our schools, students are encouraged to develop their full potential and acquire the discipline of ‘Learning How To Learn’ while upholding Christian values and beliefs.
- a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree with qualification in at least one of Intermediate/Senior grades;
- a valid teaching certificate;
- a willingness to be part of a collaborative educational team;
- effective communication skills, both oral and written;
- Willingness to carry out business administration skills such as updating grades, attendance and tracking of professional
Development for staff members.
- possess a strong ability to multi task
- Clear understanding of Best Practices for Self-Directed Learning (SDL) and implement SDL in all grades as applicable.
- Advanced project management skills, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- professional learning community (PLC) knowledge and background preferred;
- evidence of sensitivity and respect for others and a willingness to work within cultural boundaries
- Travel and a valid passport required
Successful candidate will require a clear background check and drug screen. Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please specify the position and location for which you are applying.
For more information, please visit www.sterlinged.org.