Substitute Teacher - Professional
Standard, Provisional, or Professional Kentucky Certification required.
Principal of assigned school / Director of Human Resources
To establish a learning situation for students that will meet the needs of each student at his/her own level. This will lead each student in such a way that they will grow to their greatest intellectual ability, emotional development and psychological well-being.
1. Uses a variety of instructional techniques to follow existing lesson plan.
2. Works toward implementing the instructional programs as established through guidelines provided by the district and the regular classroom teacher.
3. Plans lessons and uses instructional materials which will best meet the needs of their students.
4. Manages time wisely so as to make the greatest use of time for student instruction.
5. Creates an atmosphere in the classroom that is conducive to learning.
6. Has highly established and consistent standards of student behavior and learning.
7. On a regular basis evaluates student academic and social development. This evaluation will be maintained on appropriate records and a progress report on each student will be provided according to district policy.
8. Through the use of conferences and other methods, communication will be made to parents to share a student’s progress and relate the school program.
9. Work with qualified school staff to meet and identify the needs of individual students in such areas as physical health, mental attitude and learning disabilities.
10. Establishes an on-going system for professional growth through in-service educational programs provided by the district and individual activities selected for self-professional improvement.
11. Is responsible for supervision of all students under their direction during working hours.
12. Maintains open communication among Principals, Sub Caller and regular classroom teacher.
13. Keeps all necessary records correct and complete according to state law, district policy and administrative regulations.
14. Accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned.
15. Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others.
16. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the Principal may assign.