Substitute Bus Driver
1. Transport students in the Perkins Local School District safely to and from school.
2. Perform and document a pre-trip inspection of the school bus before leaving the transportation complex.
3. Fuel and clean vehicles as needed.
4. Advise mechanics regarding necessary repair and maintenance.
5. Document and report any student discipline issues that may arise.
1. 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license for at least 2 years.
2. Completion of a satisfactory driver record check.
3. Completion of a satisfactory BCI and FBI background check.
4. Pass a DOT pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
5. Be in good physical health and pass a physical exam (provided by the District.)
6. Available to work between the hours of 6am – 9am and 1:30pm – 5pm during the week.
7. Able to work with students and parents in a professional manner.
8. Possess a current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – Class B with endorsements P (passenger vehicle) and S (school bus) – OR –
9. Ability to be trained and obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – Class B with endorsements P (passenger vehicle) and S (school bus) via district provided training.