SUBSTITUTE BUS DRIVERS
Job | Posted 3 years ago
Salary: $14.50 per hour
Reports To: Transportation Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain control, enforce regulations, and safely transports authorized students to and from bus stops and schools in accordance with the approved scheduled routes, Ohio Revised Code regulations, Board of Education Policy, and the Administrative Guidelines.
- Reports unruly students to the Building Administrator on the district Conduct Report form.
- Reports accidents and completes required forms in accordance with Board of Education Policy and Administrative Guidelines
- Promptly reports delays and mechanical failures to preventative maintenance persons and/or transportation manager. (Rule 3301-83-08 of Administrative Code) Maintain daily pre-trip sheet regarding the safety, operation, and overall condition of the bus. (Rule 3301-83-11 of the Administrative Code)
- Meets or exceeds physical qualifications (Rule 3301-83-07 of the Administrative Code)
- Meets or exceeds OACC 3301-83-10 of the Personnel training program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the transportation supervisor and abides by all transportation management policies under Ohio Administrative Code, 3301-83-08.
- An annual driver record check (Rule 3301-83-07 of the Administrative Code) with no more than (6) six points within the last twenty-four (24) months as verified by an abstract obtained through the Bureau of Motor Vehicles
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ON FILE BEFORE A SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT CAN BEGIN WORK ARE:
- Favorable State (BCII) and Federal (FBI) background checks A new report will be required every (6) six years thereafter as a school bus driver.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Must be willing to obtain Class B CDL, with S and P endorsements (Board will provide training)
- Negative drug screen and compliance with random testing thereafter.
SKILLS TEST, RELEVANT TO THE POSITION, WILL BE ADMINISTERED
Computer skills; Spread sheets; Stock & Inventory; Lifting/Carrying; Word Processing; Requisitions; Physical Agility
Subject to all applicable laws, essential job functions of the position include the employee being punctual and capable of completing all of the duties of the position, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Employees must follow all board policies, all state and federal lows, and adhere to Ohio Code of Ethics set up by the Ohio Department of Education.
Current Austintown OAPSE members must complete an internal application online and submit it no later that 3:00 p.m. on the date of close for this posting. All other applicants must complete and submit the external application to be considered for the position. We do not accept paper applications or resumes.
Mahoning Area Application Consortium
800 South Raccoon Road , Austintown , OH 44515
At the following locations
Austintown Transportation Department
275 Idaho Rd - Davis Drive , Austintown, OH 44515
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,686
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.87
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 294