304 announces a certified staff vacancy for a reading specialist position at the middle school level.
is located 35 miles west of in the . is a town of 22,000 population. The town has a long history of independent identity as well as being part of the suburban metropolitan area. Its citizens have a variety of social, economic and occupational backgrounds.
#304 is a rapidly growing school district located 35 miles west of in the on the Metra/Union Pacific West commuter railroad line. The community of is renown for its historic charm and scenic beauty, a thriving downtown of fine restaurants and distinctive shops, and a multitude of recreational opportunities. There are 6,100 students in nine schools in the school district: six elementary schools (grades K-5), two middle schools (grades 6-8), and one high school (grades 9-12). The community holds high expectations for student performance; student achievement levels far exceed state and national norms. Parent involvement and support is well established in a school district that is located in one of the most vibrant population growth corridors in the metropolitan area.
• Master's degree or higher in reading, special education, or education-related field
• Successful teaching experience (three to five years)
• Valid Illinois Reading Specialist Endorsement or eligibility to receive such Endorsement
• Understanding and knowledge of best instructional practices in reading
• Experience and skill as a coach or mentor for adults on literacy-related topics
• Effective communication and human relations skills
Applicants must complete an on-line application by logging onto the Kane County Human Resources website (www.teachinkane.org).
In addition, applicants must upload and attach a letter of interest, resume, copies of academic transcripts, and at least three (3) letters of reference to their on-line application.
Interviews will begin immediately.