Leave Replacement Teacher of Mathematics
TITLE: K-12 SUBJECT AREA TEACHER*
*As defined in N.J.A.C. 6A:9-9 Instructional certificates
1. Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and Subject Area Endorsement or eligibility
2. Demonstrated knowledge of subject specialty and effective teaching methods
3. Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
5. Required criminal history background check and proof of citizenship or legal resident alien status
REPORTS TO: Principal/Designated Administrator
SUPERVISES: Pupils, and when assigned, student teachers and classroom aides
To provide an approved education program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth; to help pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education; and to maintain good relationships with parents and other staff members.
Develops lesson plans and classroom learning activities
1. Works to achieve state core curriculum content standards and district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using board-adopted curriculum, board-adopted curricula and textbooks, and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
3. Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
4. Plans class activities and lesson presentations that are age-appropriate for the class and meet the individual needs, interests and ability levels of all pupils.
Instruction and pupil contact
1. Monitors pupil academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
2. Maintains records of pupil's educational progress in class record books and/or board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
3. Identifies pupil needs and provides instruction appropriate to those needs.
4. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
5. Budgets class time effectively.
6. Devises written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts.
7. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
Contact with parents and community
1. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
2. Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
Professional contacts and activities
1. Cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
2. Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through inservice education and other professional growth activities.
3. Participates in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school system groups.
1. Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
2. Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.
EMPLOYMENT: Work year and salary to be determined by the board.
evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with NJ State law and the provisions of the board's policy on evaluations.