Teacher Assistant Substitute Workers
Litchfield School District is looking for individuals to work as a Paraprofessional Substitute throughout the school year.
Purpose: Paraprofessionals (teacher assistants) help students, individually or in groups, with assignments by utilizing specific teaching strategies and an acquired knowledge of learning styles. They work with teachers, parents, and students to enhance the educational experience.
- Assist teachers in providing instructional support in the following areas as needed:
- Media centers
- One on one with special needs students
- Help students to master instructional materials assigned by the teacher
- Assist in providing classroom discipline and control
- Assist in managing parent-teacher conferences
- Prepare classroom projects and materials before the commencement of lectures
- Copy, examine and score test papers or class assignments
- Perform clerical tasks such as maintain student attendance records, filing student information and progress reports, etc.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner with students, staff, and parents
- Applicant must be over the age of 18 and in good physical condition to be able to assist students
- Display professional appearance
- Hours are 6.0 hours per day during the school calendar
- ECFE para subs also encouraged to apply.
Litchfield I.S.D. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Litchfield Public Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Litchfield Public Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age