School Bus Monitor Substitute
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To assist school bus driver in transportation of physical and/or emotionally challenged pupils.
PAY RATE: $7.25 per hour as outlined on the Substitute Salary Schedule.
REPORTS TO: Transportation Route Supervisor
- Participates in in-service training programs as directed.
- Responsible for assistance in safely loading and unloading passengers in wheelchairs using a lift.
- Understands the operation and securing of all equipment. This includes wheelchairs, mobility chairs, star seats, walkers, crutches, etc.
- Keep up with personal belongings, coats, and diaper bags, written communication from home/school for those students who are not capable of caring for their personal effects.
- Works under the bus driver's direction to provide care and assistance to passengers when entering and leaving the bus and during transportation.
- Monitor shall adhere to the dress code adopted by the Douglas County Board of Education.
- Monitor is expected to maintain an appropriate level of dress and grooming.
- Assists the driver in maintaining proper student control on the bus at all times.
- Be sufficiently familiar with route to assist a substitute driver in following the route.
- Be used on emergency and evacuation procedures for stopping and securing the bus in the event of an emergency.
- Responsible for safe and confidential use of pupil emergency and medical information.
- Perform other duties as assigned by superivosr.
EDUCATION LEVEL: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities. Able to bend and reach "tie downs", sit for two hours and work outside in any weather condition. Able to maneuver heavy wheelchairs up ramps and around inside of bus without assistance.
PROFICIENT SKILLS: Communication skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applicants should complete an application at www.dcssga.org. (Click on "Employment" then "Job Vacancies/Postings" to link to classified application.)