In order to be a substitute teacher, you must hold a regular teaching/substitute certificate or have 60 hours of college credit to get an emergency certificate from the Kansas State Department of Education. Those applications are available online at www.ksde.org (Initial Emergency Substitute Form). Fingerprinting is also required to obtain a certificate and an appointment can be set up with the school district police officers if needed. NOTE: If you are interested in substitute teaching for the upcoming school year, please call the district office so that a packet of forms listed below can be sent to you. An online application does not guarantee substitute employment. You must call for a packet to be considered for substitute teaching. Documentation Required to Substitute Teach All USD 490 substitute teachers are required to file the following documents at the Central Office:
- Application form (online form available at www.applitrack.com/eldorado/onlineapp or one-page paper form included in packet)
- Copy of current teaching certificate or Emergency Substitute Certificate
- Current health certificate with physician's signature/TB test
- Signed W-4 form and K-4 Form
- Oath of Office Form (form enclosed—sign and we will notarize it for you)
- Employment Eligibility Verification (form I-9 enclosed; we need a copy of your social security card and driver’s license to complete this form—we will copy those for you)
- Completed Provisional Employment Background Check Form
Other requirements: Safeschools Training Modules-dates for completion will be set at a time closer to the beginning of the school year.
The Substitute Handbook is available online at www.eldoradoschools.org under the Staff section. Substitute pay is $96.00 per day.
Please call 322-4800 if you have any questions or e-mail Larri at firstname.lastname@example.org.