EFC School Support Assistant (Cox)
The School Services Assistant works under the supervision of the Office Manager or Dean of Students. They perform a variety of tasks that are crucial to the effective running of the school.
About Education for Change Public Schools
Education for Change Public Schools (EFCPS) believes it is the right for every child to have access to a high-quality, 21st century education. Our mission is to provide a superior public education to Oakland’s most underserved children by creating a system of schools that focuses relentlessly on our student’s academic achievement. EFCPS is a charter management organization that manages a diverse portfolio of K-8 schools, growing to a portfolio of preK-12 schools in the Fruitvale and Elmhurst neighborhoods of Oakland, currently serving 3,200 children. Additional information about Education for Change can be found at www.efcps.org.
- Ensure safety of students by supporting on the playground and in the cafeteria.
- Support with discipline system per school wide progressive discipline steps
- Crisis Management and intervention for students using CPI interventions
- Support for student concerns (first aid, late arrival, etc)
- Support with one to one student needs as assigned
- Afternoon traffic support (as needed)
- Being visible and providing active supervision on and around school grounds and securing and monitoring all exits.
- Provide daily parent communication.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; accuracy, discretion, and ability to work independently and as part of a team; flexibility; and a willingness to learn are essential.
- Office duty supports as requested
- Student release day tasks as assigned
- All other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two years experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience, in a large organization or school.
- Valid drivers license
- Superior customer service skills and problem solving orientation
- Spanish bilingual capacity a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proactive, independent thinker, goal oriented
- Excellent team player with a high degree of willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to support the success of Education for Change Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form with students, parents and staff. Spanish speaking a plus.
- Must posses a growth mindset and be able to use feedback to refine practice
- Successful experience working in a collaborative environment
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Professional dress required.
Apply online at: www.efcps.org/immediate-openings.