Assistant Football Coach 2015-2016-94
Job | Posted 4 years ago
Title: Assistant Football Coach
School: High School
Starting Date: August 12, 2016
Reports to: Head Coach and/or Athletic Director
Essential Job Duties
- Acts under the direction of the head coach and assumes the functions and duties of head coach in his/her absence.
- Coaches participants in the skills necessary for football.
- Must maintain competency in rules, regulations, and coaching techniques for the sport/activity.
- Maintains discipline and sportsmanlike conduct of all participants and enforces the policies of the District uniformly when disciplining participants.
- Responsible for the inventory of equipment.
- In team activities, teaches/coaches the importance of team work.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Serves as a mentor to each athlete to promote the development and demonstration in student athletes the character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to follow both oral and written directions and instructions of the head coach and/or athletic director.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with students, parents, staff, and the community in general.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.
- Ability to perform duties with an awareness of all District requirements and Board policies.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
- Any combination of training, education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Successful experience playing/coaching high school/college football.
- Successful experience working with high school students.
- Holds a currently valid First Aid card with CPR (or ability to obtain certification within 1 month)
- Holds a currently valid MHSA Coaching Certifications and Endorsements.
Necessary special requirements:
- Montana Driver’s license or the ability to obtain license within three months of hire date.
- Position requires working flexible schedules.
- Completion of NFHS Fundamental of Coaching course upon hire. (Course cost is at employee’s own expense)
- Completion of NFHS Concussion in Sports course.
- Completion of Rules Clinic prior to season beginning
Stopwatch, calculator, computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone/voice mail, score-keeping equipment or other equipment germane to the sport/activity.
Physical and Mental Demands and Work Hazards
- Constantly works around others and works with the public.
- Regularly works outside.
- Outside exposure includes performing the duties in varying weather extremes.
- Ability to meet deadlines with severe time constraints.
- The environment can be stressful due to the nature of the work.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without accommodations.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to be able to hear conversations in loud and quiet environments.
- The employee frequently works within time constraints and must maintain attentiveness intensity.
- Frequently involved in interactions which require oral and written communications.
- Exercises flexibility and the ability to shift from one task to another.
- Guidance and reinforcement are infrequently available.
- Works within time constraints and maintains attentiveness intensity.
- Involved in social interactions which require oral and written communications.
- Reasoning and exercising judgment are constantly used/required on the job.
The duties, physical demands, work-environment characteristics, and mental/motor demands described within this vacancy announcement are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Belgrade School District 44
P.O. Box 166 , Belgrade, MT 59714
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,858
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 13.96
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 43