Substitute LRE Aide
Posted 4 years ago
QualificationsEducation: High School Diploma or General Education Degree required; Associates Degree preferred;
Experience: Experience working with students with disabilities.
Skills: Ability to work with severely handicapped students. Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists instructional staff in the supervision of students while they are loading and unloading buses, in gym, and on playground.
- Assists and instructs students in personal hygiene, toileting, tooth brushing, hand washing.
- Lifts or assists with lifting students from wheelchairs to changing tables or designated areas.
- Supports assigned student with organizational and academic tasks for success in the general education classroom.
- Alerts the teacher to any problem or special information about their student.
- Will escort student to and from various classrooms or areas as designated by the I.E.P.
- Maintains high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students.
- Is responsible for maintaining personal time card.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the District.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift 60 lbs and or push/pull up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. The employee needs to be able to tell where a sound is coming from and hear in a noisy environment.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts in some vocational settings. The employee is frequently exposed to infection at a greater risk than the average person. May be directly responsible for the safety, well-being and/or work output of students.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.